The Africa Association of Hospitality Professionals has recognized that the future success of the hospitality and tourism industry in Africa depends on a strong talent pipeline of young people within the industry who will continue the legacy of responsible tourism that is being established in many countries in Africa.
With this in mind our projects focus on Upskilling, Capacity Development and Right Job Placement through structured Industrial attachments in partnership with our Members, Corporate Partners, Affiliates and Sponsors.
Hospitality and Tourism skills are highly sought after and lacking and the AAHP recognises that the Industry is nothing without a Skilled People.
After extensive research, we found the industry to be lacking the following key skills :
1. Locally trained Hotel and Restaurant General Managers with the right Academic training and working experience.
2. Skilled and experienced Beverage Artisans(Bartenders, Baristas and Wine Sommeliers) to give the right Beverage experience equipped with knowledge and skill to manage the Beverage industry processes profitably .
3. Skilled and experienced Chef De Parties’ to grow into seasoned Sous and Executive Chefs to successfully manage the Food industry processes profitably.
4. Locally groomed Tour Guides in knowledge of the local terrain, culture & environment and academic knowledge with relevant experience.
Africa Project Upskill Vision 2025
The Upskilling will focus on the related Position processes, methods, and values through guided academic programs, and curated trainings that accurately reflect the needs of the industry.
- Best-in-class quality: A new and efficient way to prepare and provide unemployed youths with stable key Hospitality and Tourism jobs that leverage their innate strengths in an environment where they have previously been shortchanged.
- Scalability: A home-grown scalable and replicable model for social impact in the region centered on developing people at a systemic level.
- Systemic impact: An Africa where young people can aspire to achieve their potential and in so doing enhance the development of the African continent.
Our Social Impact
We will “up-skill” millions of youth to fill stable Hospitality and tourism Skill based jobs that transform their incomes thereby driving scalable, replicable and sustainable impact and converting Africa’s youth from demographic liabilities to “demographic dividends”:
- Scale: By 2025, Africa Project Upskill aims to train 5,000 youth annually, in marketable Hospitality and Tourism skills to reach their true potential and supported them in stable Hospitality and Tourism Industry jobs.
- Income Transformation: On average, Africa Upskill alumni will experience an income transformation of 3-4 times their baseline income (from $2/day to $6-8/day) through placements in frontline hospitality and tourism retail jobs.
- Economic Development: Ultimately, our simple training and job placement model has the potential to restore dignity and enhance livelihoods for millions of African youth, thereby restoring the social fabric of the region.
Our Core Focus
Hospitality & Tourism Artisan, Management Education
- Online Courses & Certifications
- Live Courses & Certifications
- Corporate Training
- Guided Training & Curated Events
- Recruitment & Placement of Hospitality and Tourism Artisans and Management
Partners & Clients
- Beverage Companies
- Hotels, Restaurants, Cafes
- Hospitality and Tourism training institutions
- Tour Companies
- Conservation Organizations
For Partnership, contact email@example.com